LIBRARY AND COVID-19 UPDATES
Updated as of January 2021:
The LAFS Library is physically closed until further notice, but we are open virtually!! If you need to reach out to the Library, we will be available to provide assistance by phone 323.769.2705 and email email@example.com.
Many of our digital services will remain available either through our Digital Catalog and our A-Z Databases page, including research-based articles, online streaming videos, electronic screenplays, and music-related databases.
No late fines will be assessed for overdue & current items, and you can return materials when libraries reopen. More information and school updates can be found at lafilm.edu/alerts.
If you would like to drop off your library item, you may do so by contacting the Library to set up a meeting day & time to do the exchange. Faculty are more than welcome to place library items on hold for pick up. Please again discuss first the Library Staff before doing so.
Once again, everyone’s health and safety are important, and we will evaluate and adjust as new information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your understanding.
Please check back for further updates!
LIBRARY TEMPORARY VIRTUAL HOURS
Monday – Friday : 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
THIS BOX IS HIDDEN!!!
COVID-19 LIBRARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- To check out library materials: Show or place your ID card on the counter at the Circulation desk with the barcode face-up so staff may easily scan it. Then, place your items on the counter.
- To return library materials: Please return all books that are due to the book drop by the Library entrance. Place all audiovisual items (DVDs or CDs) in the new return bin at the Circulation Desk.
- We will continue in-person staffing of the Circulation and Info Desk at this time, but we strongly encourage you to use our virtual Ask a Librarian services for help.
- At the Circulation Desk, please stand behind the new line on the floor. The line will help us all maintain a safe distance during reference interactions.
- Wash your hands before and after using public computers and scanners. Please follow the CDC’s guidelines for hand washing.
- Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are available at the entrance and near the Circulation Desk, upon request.
- Library Staff and Facilities will wipe down surfaces, computers, mice, printer, and scanners after users utilize it. Patrons can wipe it down as well. The wipes are located by the entrance.
- The computer area is limited to 4 people at a time. Please keep a social distance of 3 – 6 feet between yourself and others. The Library is taking measures to spread out and relocate some computers to reduce crowding.
- Please refrain from making trips to the Library merely to print. Instead, print documents at home or consider alternatives such as reading articles online or submitting assignments digitally.
Finally, as classes move online, the Library reminds you that there are many ways to get help virtually:
- Call or Text a Librarian at 323.769.2705. This service is monitored by local Library Staff when we are open and available. If we are unavailable to reach, you can leave a voicemail message and we will respond back as soon as possible. To find out current Library hours, please visit the homepage.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Local librarians will respond as soon as possible (within 24 hours).
- Browse through our Library website to find more information on news, explore the digital catalog, view subject guides, and more!